WA YOUNG ARTISTS CHAMBER MUSIC COMPETITION
Pictured L-R: Sophie Curtis (WAYACHAMP Director), Nathan, Aaron and Arwen (1st place winners of the 2019 WAYACOMP), Jessica Gethin (2019 WAYACOMP Adjudicator)
What is it?
Established in 2019, WAYACOMP encourages ensembles to continue playing together on a regular basis, and provides an incentive particularly for those ensembles formed during WAYACHAMP Programs. It is also an opportunity for ensembles to refine one of their pieces, aiming for the highest quality performance possible. In a relaxed and supportive environment, ensembles are assessed by an adjudicator in the categories of technical, musicality, ensemble and general performance presentation. Three prizes are available, as detailed below.
Students aged 10 - 17
Ensembles of 3 - 6 people, 1 player to a part
Performance of 1 movement/piece between 3 and 12 minutes
Date and Time:
Sunday 24th October, 3pm
Callaway Auditorium, Conservatorium of Music, UWA
Application information coming soon.
With thanks to the following sponsors
WAYACOMP Terms and Conditions
1. All members of the ensemble must be aged between 10 and 17 inclusive on the day of competition, unless specific permission has been granted.
2. Applications and payment from all ensemble members must be received by the closing date.
3. Ensembles must email a score of the piece being performed by the application closing date to
4. Photocopies of music which is still in copyright are illegal and may not be used by competitors. Pieces still in copyright must be performed using original scores.
5. Ensembles must perform one piece or movement in its entirety. Repeats are optional. Entries to be a minimum of 3 minutes and maximum of 12 minutes.
6. Prizes will be awarded to the best 3 performances on the day of the competition. All prizes will be awarded at the adjudicator’s discretion. The adjudicator’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. Non-attendance by any ensemble member on the day of the competition will result in a forfeit for that ensemble.
8. Competitors shall arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the competition.
9. Family, friends and teachers are welcome to attend the competition and are encouraged to listen to all competitors. At no point during the performances should audience members speak with the adjudicator. Recording is allowed for personal use only.