WA YOUNG ARTISTS CHAMBER MUSIC COMPETITION
Pictured L-R: Sophie Curtis (WAYACHAMP Director), Nathan, Aaron and Arwen (1st place winners of the 2019 WAYACOMP), Jessica Gethin (2019 WAYACOMP Adjudicator)
What is it?
Established in 2019, WAYACOMP encourages ensembles to continue playing together on a regular basis, and provides an incentive particularly for those ensembles formed during WAYACHAMP Programs. It is also an opportunity for ensembles to refine one of their pieces, aiming for the highest quality performance possible. In a relaxed and supportive environment, ensembles are assessed by an adjudicator in the categories of technical, musicality, ensemble and general performance presentation. Three prizes are available, as detailed below.
Students aged 10 - 17
Ensembles of 3 - 6 people, 1 player to a part
Performance of 1 movement/piece between 3 and 12 minutes
Date and Time:
Saturday 24 October 2020, 3:00pm
Callaway Auditorium, UWA Conservatorium of Music
Individual applications are to be completed by each member of the ensemble
Application fees (per person)
Past WAYACHAMP/WAYAJAM Participant: $20
Non-WAYACHAMP Participant: $25
Applications close 11:59pm Friday 9 October
With thanks to the following sponsors
Mozart by Candlelight
Mozart like you've never heard before
Perth Symphony Orchestra’s acclaimed Mozart by Candlelight is set to return on Friday 30 October 2020 at the Perth Concert Hall, featuring some of Mozart’s most loved pieces with a surprisingly risqué twist.
DATE: Friday 30th October 2020
VENUE: Perth Concert Hall
TICKETS: $30 Kids (17 and under) |$59.90 B Res | $79.90 A Res
WAYACOMP Terms and Conditions
1. All members of the ensemble must be aged between 10 and 17 inclusive on the day of competition.
2. Applications and payment from all ensemble members must be received by the closing date.
3. Ensembles must email a score of the piece being performed by the application closing date to
4. Photocopies of music which is still in copyright are illegal and may not be used by competitors. Pieces still in copyright must be performed using original scores.
5. Ensembles must perform one piece or movement in its entirety. Repeats are optional. Entries to be a minimum of 3 minutes and maximum of 12 minutes.
6. Prizes will be awarded to the best 3 performances on the day of the competition. All prizes will be awarded at the adjudicator’s discretion. The adjudicator’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. Non-attendance by any ensemble member on the day of the competition will result in a forfeit for that ensemble.
8. Competitors shall arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the competition.
9. Family, friends and teachers are welcome to attend the competition and are encouraged to listen to all competitors. At no point during the performances should audience members speak with the adjudicator. Recording is allowed for personal use only.